Conservation Services Group/South Shore, MA
Conservation Services Group (CSG) is the leading provider of residential energy efficiency programs in North America. CSG has helped Americans make smart energy use decisions an important part of the way they live and work since 1984. The company designs, develops, and delivers innovative, results-driven programs. CSG employees are committed to a mission of delivering these comprehensive programs to help people use energy more wisely. Energy efficiency and renewable energy are our sole business, not one of a hundred departments in a large corporation. CSG provides proven expertise to utilities, state agencies, trade allies and homeowners, tenants, and property owners seeking to improve home durability, safety, air quality and comfort while saving money. We bring creativity and commitment to our goals of championing the development and use of safe, clean energy.
People who work at CSG say that it's a unique kind of organization — one that nurtures individual talents and inspires dedication. We share a commitment to our work and our mission. CSG has a collegial atmosphere, where people respect and encourage each other to help the environment and change the way our country uses energy. How about you; do you see yourself as a part of our team?
CSG is seeking a part time Verification Technician to perform installation verification inspections of energy saving measures for the HEAT Loan Program.
Applicants must be able to work approximately 15 hours per week. Precise work times are slightly flexible (not Sundays) but early morning, late afternoon/early evening, or Saturday appointments are preferred for these brief verification inspections (typically 15 minutes +/- each). A consistent weekly schedule of availability will be required
Geographic location preferred; South Shore.
- Conduct on site inspections of mechanical equipment systems and components, and verify installations of systems such as heating, air conditioning, hot water systems, etc. as specified in residential buildings.
- Inspect and verify that installed systems precisely match systems specified in provided documentation, invoices, or work orders.
- Document inspection findings, take pictures and record data as needed to ensure program measures are followed and properly reported.
- Download and upload inspection documentation and pictures on a daily basis.
- Track and report on inspections in a timely manner via email, fax, or telephone.
- Interact with lease holders and property owners in order to gain access to properties and verify installation of systems and components.
- Ability to recognize heating system and water heating system types as provided in inspection documentation.
- Basic familiarity with, and ability to recognize heating systems and hot water heating systems, while on site, including solar water heating systems, electric heating systems, energy efficient windows and window installation.
- Basic technical aptitude is beneficial, some training may be provided as needed. No BPI certification is required.
- Basic knowledge and skill with hand tools such as a flashlight and tape measure.
- Strong customer service, communication, and client relationship management skills needed. Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must be able to carry 35lbs and crawl as needed to access attic, basements, and crawlspaces in order to verify installation of specified equipment.
- Experience with Microsoft office suite required. Familiarity with downloading, uploading, and scanning pictures and documents is preferred.
- Ability to accurately estimate travel times in order to maintain specific arrival times and scheduling needs.
- Satisfactory background check required.
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Please apply online at: http://jobs-csg.icims.com
CSG is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Key Words: green jobs, energy efficiency, utility, conservation, BPI, LEED, weatherization, HVAC, clean energy, energy conservation, csg jobs, energy consulting, energy efficient, green energy, renewable energy
If interested, please apply online at http://track.tmpservice.com/…d=1834901-2411-3488
View full post on GreenBiz Jobs