PowerStream/Vaughan, ON, Canada
Reporting to the VP of CDM, this position is responsible for providing subject matter expertise and advice in the development of PowerStream's CDM market research activities and marketing plan, for managing the execution of market research activities and for providing support to Program Managers in the execution of marketing plans. He/she will also be responsible for providing facilitation support and strategic advice in developing and continually improving PowerStream's multi-year CDM Strategic Plan. The incumbent is expected to be the authoritative voice on market research, marketing (with strengths in market segmentation and analysis), advertising, and measurement of success related to CDM activities.
- Develop and share widely across the CDM business unit, a robust understanding of "the customer".
- In consultation with Program Managers/Director, develop an annual market research plan for approval by VP. Manage execution of market research activities, such as segmentation studies of relevant customer groups, to help refine and focus CDM marketing and sales efforts, in accordance with approved plan.
- Manage relationships and contracts with external market research service and data providers, where required; support contract negotiation process through recommendations on pricing, service conditions and resulting intellectual property.
- Provide subject matter expertise and strategic advice to Program Managers/Director in the development of program marketing plans. Provide support to Program – Managers in the execution and evaluation of approved program marketing plans.
- Provide facilitation support and strategic advice to VP/Director in developing/continually improving PowerStream's CDM multi-year Strategic Plan. Assist with the development of issues identification and risk mitigation strategies related to implementation of Strategic Plan.
- Recommend – and support the development of – metrics and methodologies for tracking customer satisfaction, customer awareness and impact/effectiveness of CDM marketing/outreach efforts.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with a network of CDM-related external parties to stay attuned to developments in customer relations, conservation behaviour and marketing.
- Maintain "watching brief" on CDM-related marketing/market research best practices and innovative developments across North America.
- Accountable for adhering to the safety responsibilities of the job as per Management Procedure #HS-003-001 (Occupational Health & Safety Act Roles and Responsibilities).
- Other tasks as assigned.
- University degree in related field , or equivalent knowledge and experience.
- Minimum 2-3 years related work experience in agency and/or client side marketing/advertising roles, including experience with conservation (or similar) programs.
- Knowledge of the energy and utility industries, including current conservation landscape in Ontario (i.e. Green Energy and Economy Act, OPA-Contracted Province – Wide Conservation Programs, Ontario Energy Board Conservation Code) would be an asset.
- Excellent analytical and modeling skills working with large customer data sets and across multiple customer groups.
- Knowledge of industry marketing practices, data sources, and agency resources.
- Strong results orientation.
- Ability to develop and clearly articulate marketing and market research strategies which support both near term operational goals and a longer term vision.
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally and to influence without authority.
- Energetic and enthusiastic team player committed to overall success of the organization.
If interested, please apply online at http://track.tmpservice.com/…d=1780707-2411-7788
View full post on GreenBiz Jobs